How do we build healthier food choices when we’re busy, tired and overwhelmed? It isn’t always the first thing we want to do, even though we know it will make us feel better in the long run. What if there was a better way? An easier way? That’s what we’re talking about with Dr. Abha Sharma on this podcast episode.
Abha is a Health and Wellness Coach for Professional Working Moms. In her work, she helps working moms glow up through hormone health + living a holistic lifestyle. She combines wisdom from her personal journey AND the scientifically proven Precision Nutrition Methodology to guide women to truly radiate from within. Abha is also a Pediatrician, IBCLC, and the host of The Health Has No Finishline Podcast; a weekly podcast which dives into subjects such as body image, emotional eating, mindset, healthier living, and so much more.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Creating more time. Abha talks about how to find more time in our days, and outsourcing the things that don’t light us up.
- Eating healthier and exercising. Abha shares the myths around both of these, and shares her best tips for incorporating more of each into our lives.
- Tips to have better food choices on hand. How we make better choices is through how prepared we allow ourselves to be. Abha shares her best tips for us.
Connect with Abha
- Instagram: @_healthhasnofinishline https://www.instagram.com/_healthhasnofinishline/
- Facebook: @AbhaSharmaHHNFL https://www.facebook.com/AbhaSharmaHHNFL
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthhasnofinishline
- Website: https://healthhasnofinishline.mykajabi.com/
- Podcast: Health Has No Finish Line https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/health-has-no-finishline/id1533022406
- Radiate From Within Membership: https://healthhasnofinishline.mykajabi.com/
Connect with Tiana and The Part-Time Jungle Community:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parttimejungle/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parttimejungle/
- Website: https://theparttimejungle.com
OUR KIDS WANT LOVE
We learn from so many experiences as moms. For Abha, the biggest learning experience has been to not get caught up in the little details and in trying to look perfect. We don’t need to fit in a box of what we think motherhood should look like. At the end of the day, our kids just want to spend time with us and feel loved. They don’t care about all the external details.
CREATING MORE TIME
Abha talks about how to find more time in our days, and outsourcing the things that don’t light us up. She shares the story of what life was like before her daughter, when she had ample time to dedicate to working and spending time with her partner. She talks about what shifted within her when she became a mom, and how she decided to shift her focus and career. Of course, that didn’t give her the time back that she was looking for, as we all know we end up being even busier when we start up a new venture. Abha shares why it was necessary for her to outsource the things that were bogging down her creativity, and how her life and business started to flourish.
EATING HEALTHIER AND EXERCISING
“Be kind to yourself and remember that it’s not about being able to do it all. It’s about being able to do all that feels good to you.”
There’s a myth that we need to dedicate two hours to each day to our health and exercise habits. Abha shares why she feels that just isn’t the case, and gives listeners tips on which exercises to incorporate – even while playing with kids! We can incorporate healthier choices when we set ourselves up for success, and Abha gives us the tools we need to make small, yet significant and simple changes.
TIPS TO HAVE HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES ON HAND
“If you can eat fresh cooked versus a frozen meal, that’s always better. But… we are human. Have a frozen meal on hand because life can get challenging sometimes.”
When we prepare ourselves in advance, it’s easier to make healthier choices all around. From stocking our pantry with healthy go-to items, and our fridge and freezer with easy to cook meats and foods, Abha shares simple tips to make better food choices. She also warns us about food labels, and talks about how they can often be misleading (even when we think we’re choosing something healthy – like gluten free)!
BEG, BORROW, & STEAL FROM ABHA
- Go-to meal on a busy night: Mac and Cheese with frozen veggies and Avocado Toast
- Favourite family activity: Chutes and Ladders and CandyLand
- Favourite book: Do Less by Kate Northrup
MAMAS FOR MAMAS – CALGARY
The Part-Time Jungle Podcast is proudly supporting the Calgary branch of the national charitable organization Mamas for Mamas with a “Buy Me a Coffee” initiative. All funds raised will go directly to Mamas for Mamas – Calgary: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/thePTJpodcast. A purchase of “one (digital) coffee” is equivalent to a $5 donation to Mamas for Mamas – Calgary.
Mamas for Mamas supports mothers and caregivers in crisis by providing ongoing support to individuals and families facing various poverty-related struggles. Their mission is to change the landscape of poverty through innovative approaches to financial barriers faced by struggling families.
Thank you for listening, for being a part of The Part-Time Jungle community, and for your support of Mamas for Mamas. To learn more about Mamas for Mamas, head to: https://www.mamasformamas.org
Wishing you all the best with your motherhood and work juggle!